This site is only being updated in part now. Existing full posts will still remain, but for new blogs and more information on me, please see my new website HERE

Friday 13 August 2010

A Change of Policy (Again)

Such is life, that I have been assessing how I go about blogging. As many of you realise I started about a month ago the 'Turnip Rail +Documents' site to showcase some of the documents in my collection. Alas, this site was not successful, and pulled down the main site with it. Before the new site was established, a lot of people who went to the main site for the documents, went on to look at other articles I had written. Yet by separating the two it meant that the cross-overs diminished. Alas, after the past three days in which no one actually visited the '+Documents' site, I am throwing in the towel with regard to it and changing policy.

Firstly, I will not be producing a document every day. This isn't in any way because I don't like doing it, in fact, it has been a pleasant journey discovering some documents that I had forgotten I had. No, it is primarily as it is more time-consuming than I expected and subsequently I cannot afford the time. I am also running out of interesting documents to post. Secondly, everything is now going to be consolidated in one place on the main Turnip Rail site, so that I get all the traffic coming to one site and then people can explore my work. Thirdly, I am going to be try and be a bit more sporadic by positing interesting things I find on the web to do with railways (if I find them, of course). Finally, I will in the next weeks be introducing the Turnip Rail Podcast...Well, here's hoping...Hoperfully, this'll get the figures of Turnip Rail up again...

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...